Hegarty Maths is an online learning tool which we use at Crofton Academy. Hegarty Maths have been developing their programme to support Year 6s who will be transitioning to secondary school this September and within Numerise, they've built a free course called 'Secondary Ready' which is designed to prepare Year 6 learners for joining school in Year 7 in September. The content and course will certainly help keep these children mathematically fresh during this lockdown period, and it is free-of-charge until September 2020. Simply click the NUMERISE box right and follow the instructions to sign your child up.
Look at the maps via the links below to see if you can find your way around school. This is “just for fun” to get you acquainted with out buildings.
1) You are in Room 12 - find your way to your next lesson in Room 9.
2) You are in Room 9 and need to meet your friends for lunch in the Dining Hall.
3) You are in Room 20 for English - find your way to Art Room 34.
4) From Room 34 you have PE in the Gym next - find your way - you will need two maps for this.
5) You are in Room 1, find your way to Room 61. You will need two maps.
6) You are in Room 61, find your way to Room 46 (two maps again).
7) From Room 46, you need to go to Reception.
9) Reception staff ask you to go to the Library.
10) Last challenge, find your way from the Library to the Sports Hall.
Check back in a few days when we will post some more location challenges!