CROFTON ACADEMY Home About Us Parents Pupils Sixth Form Staff Crofton Academy

H

contact us OFSTED HISTORY YEAR 7 HOMEWORK YEAR 8 HOMEWORK YEAR 9 HOMEWORK YEAR 8 CRIME HOMEWORK

In History Years 7 and 8 pupils have one one-hour lesson per week.  Pupils will be taught two units in Year 7: History Skills and Britain in the Middle Ages; and two units in Year 8: The Tudors and the Industrial Revolution.


In Year 9 pupils have three one-hour History lessons per fortnight. A wide range of different approaches are used and pupils work individually and in groups. In History pupils will be taught about Conflicts in the  Twentieth Century and the Holocaust.


History is offered as an optional GCSE course in Years 10 and 11; pupils follow Edexcel Syllabus B. This course focuses on the American West and Medicine through Time and which is assessed at the end of Year 11 by three examinations. These account for 75% of the final grade. The other 25% focuses on Changes in British Society between 1951-1979 and is assessed in controlled conditions in Year 10.


SUBJECT OVERVIEW